Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuse Blown Out with the Omnik 3.0k-TL
11-11-2012, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 01:58 PM by Schum.)
Fuse Blown Out with the Omnik 3.0k-TL
Hello,
Since the installation of my new Onmik 3.0k-TL we have the problem that my fuse from 16A type B is blown out every morning now.
Doesn't matter if its clowdy weather or sunny weather.
What is the cause of it ?
Normaly the current in the fuse can be 1,5 his label so 1,5 x 16 A is 24 A !!! and the Omnik does not deliver that in the morning.
So there must be a kind off short circuit in de Omnik on starting up !!
It only happens in the morning and when I reset the automatic fuse the installation runs without any problems for the rest of the day.
The previous Omnik which I had did the same but only once a week.
Thats the reason why I trade it for another one by the vendor but this one is worse.
Please can anyone help me out !!!

PS I read something about Contry Security Settings which you can change in the menu, does it influence this above problem yes/no ??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 09:54 AM
RE: Fuse Blown Out with the Omnik 3.0k-TL
Hi, Schum.
I think this issue could be solved by flashing the firmware. You can ask the dealer to do that or to replace a new one.
Any further questions, you can contact me. My email: joe.sun@omnik-solar.com. My Skype: joesuns.
11-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Schum, Could you please provide the SN of this inverter?
11-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Hello,
I had the same problem. I used a automated fuse with its own ground fault interrupter/earth leak switch? (in dutch:zekeringautomaat met aardlekschakelaar). It was changed by a single automated fuse. Problem solved.